Apprentice inland navigation operator
Are you looking for an extraordinary apprenticeship?
Are you looking for a future-proof and varied job?
And would you like to travel a lot & see the world?
Then join our crew & start your training with us on board!
We are looking for an apprentice for the occupation of "bargeman" for our passenger ships in Cologne.
Inland navigation operators guide and steer ships on inland waterways, transport goods and carry passengers.
Inland boatmen and women find employment primarily
- in companies transporting goods and passengers on inland waterways
- in (inland) port operations and authorities
- at water and navigation offices
After your training, many doors are open to you - whether you want to study shipbuilding, become a shipmaster or an instructor - we will support you in your personal career!
Why should you join us?
- We offer a future-proof training position on one of the most beautiful
rivers in Europe in the heart of Cologne
- a lot of room for co-design possibilities and appreciation of your ideas
- good remuneration
- in case of good performance takeover after passing the boatswain's examination
Here's what you bring on board:
- a completed high school diploma (at least a secondary school diploma)
- good grades in the subjects mathematics, geography, German and English
- Flexibility and resilience
- Technical interest
We are a small family business with several ships in and around Cologne.
Our main season is from March to October.
During the rest of the training period, various internships are held in cargo shipping companies and also in hotel ship companies, so that the trainees get to know all sides and are best prepared for the final exam.
We have aroused your interest?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your meaningful application documents
by e-mail to Mr. Schmitz / firstname.lastname@example.org